scissors (I used pinking shears for fun)
sewing machine or needle and thread
rice (I used white rice)
funnel or rolled up paper
1. draw a heart a little bigger than the palm of your hand
2. cut that heart out and pin it to some flannel fabric (fold the fabric once to cut them at the same time)
3. pin the two hearts together making sure both wrong sides are together
4. sew around the heart and leave a small opening on the side
4. use a funnel (rolled up paper) and a spoon to add the rice (I used 7 spoonfuls)
5. sew the opening closed, holding back the rice
I just printed off a "You Make My Heart Warm" on plain paper. I cut it into a strip and taped the ends together. Here are the directions for use: "Warm up in a microwave for 30 seconds for toasty warm hands!"
Here are some other "you warm my heart" valentine ideas here and here.